preparing for your session
Your little one is turning O.N.E. I am so excited and honored to be capturing this amazing moment for your family! To help the session go as smoothly as possible, please take some time to read the notes below and message me with any questions you might have!
- Your session will be held in my home studio in Fort Carson. If you do not already have access, please follow this link for a step by step guide on getting a day pass. My address will be shared with you via email.
- Please try to select a session time that doesn't interfere with babies nap time. If you don't see a good time on my booking form, feel free to contact me and we can work something out.
- If you have selected to order a cake through me, you don't have to do anything else, except for letting me know about color preferences for ombre cakes, or if you'd like another cake flavor other than vanilla. I will pick up the cake for you, saving you that extra stop. Unfortunately, if your kiddo has allergies, you will need to provide the cake. If you plan on bringing your own cake, please do not use red frosting, as it can look like blood all over baby when they eat it. Not the look we want! It is generally best to just have white frosting on the top. Also try to avoid fondant, or anything else they can choke on when devouring the cake. Do not add any support beams etc inside the cake. And try to have the cake colors match the set up if you plan to bring your own.
- Please have baby photo ready: dressed if you're bringing your own outfit, and hair brushed etc. This will help baby be less fussy once they arrive.
- Get prepared for a work out! 90% of babies at this age will not sit in one place so I do ask that parents help me in chasing and putting kiddos back in place. I will have an X marked on the floor for easy placement.
- Parents may want to bring a change of clothes for themselves, as more than likely, your baby will crawl on you and get cake on you. I will have the bathroom ready for you to give baby a quick bath if you want. I will have towels available, or you're welcome to bring your own.
- Please bring babys sippy cup so they wash down the cake. Also, it's a good idea to bring small snacks such as puffs: if baby doesn't like the cake, we can put those behind the cake so it at least creates the illusion that they're enjoying the cake.
- Please, please, please, try not to get out your phone to play videos in attempts to get your baby to smile. From experience, the babys want nothing to do with photos after the phone comes out. And if you'd like to get their attention, try to stand directly above my camera so the birthday baby will look like they're looking at the camera.
- I know we all have expectations that baby will laugh and smile in the photos, but do keep in mind that your baby has a mind of their own and we will follow their lead. They may smile, or they might not.
- Have fun! Some babies will dig right into the cake, others might just touch it with a finger. Both are absolutely fine, and we will follow babies lead.
Did I forgot any important details that you think you should know? Or do you have questions in general? Send me a message and I will get back as soon as I can!